Welcome to the Assessor’s Website!
This site will provide you with important information, forms, and deadlines pertaining to the assessment process.
Here’s what’s happening in 2019:
- THE ASSESSOR’S OFFICE EARNED A PERFECT SCORE ON OUR 2018 PERFORMANCE AUDIT FOR A FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW!
- Form OTC 926 NOTICE OF INCREASE IN VALUATION OF REAL PROPERTY were mailed out April 1st, 2019 (no joke). If you received this notice, remember you have an additional 30-days to apply for all exemptions available through the Assessor’s Office.
- Personal Property Renditions for Business, Agriculture and Manufactured Homes were mailed in February.
- Applications for Homestead Exemption and Receipts were mailed in February.
- All applications and exemptions must be submitted by March 15th, 2019. If you receive Form OTC 926 NOTICE OF INCREASE IN VALUATION OF REAL PROPERTY, there is an additional 30-days to apply for exemptions.
Canadian County is the fastest-growing county in the state and one of the fastest-growing nationally. With this incredible growth come challenges. The Oklahoma Constitution and Statutes require a property to be valued at a fair cash or market value (the amount for which it would likely sell in the open market). The primary function of the Assessor’s Office is to establish this value for all real and personal property throughout the county. Furthermore, I believe this process should be equitable, efficient, and consistent. I look forward to addressing your questions and concerns, and I am excited to serve you as Canadian County Assessor!