Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
Small Claims
General Information

You may file a Small Claims for up to $10,000.00 and an attorney is not required.

If you choose to mail in your paperwork, it must be NOTARIZED, and you are required to send 4 copies as well as a self addressed stamped envelope to return your paperwork to you. 
**small claims general information packet**

Filing Fees

$58.00 if money amount suing for is $0.00 to $5,000.00;
$196.64 if money amount suing for is $5,000.01 to $10,000.00;

Service Fees
$50.00 for Sheriff's Service 

If you choose to have service done by private process server, you must contact them yourself. There is a list available in the Court Clerk's office or in the Document Center on this website. You may also go to for a list of all statewide private process servers.


- If service has not been obtained by your court date, you must appear before the Judge presiding over your case and request to file an Alias at that time.  There is no fee to file an Alias, but you will be required to pay the service fee.

A defendant may appear in court on their set hearing date with or without being served and waive their right to service.The Judge presiding over the case will conduct the hearing with or without your presence. As the plaintiff in the case, your failure to appear on the hearing date will result in a dismissal of the case. 

Affidavit of Military Service

The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), 50 App. U.S.C. 521 et seq. requires that in any action or proceeding covered by this section, the court, before entering judgment for the plaintiff, shall require the plaintiff to file with the court an affidavit stating whether or not the defendant is in military service and showing necessary facts to support the affidavit.

The DMDC website,  is a free website where you can do a search to check if a person is of military status.  An error page may appear before you can access the website.  If the error page does appear, click the option "continue to this website (not recommended)." Disregard the "not recommended" comment as the website is okay to access.

Bring the Affidavit as to Military Service filled out with you to your court hearing to show the judge. You may find the link to the Military Affidavit in the list below.


Affidavit/Order Example
Affidavit as to Military Service
Cover Sheet
Certificate of Mailing
Journal Entry
Notice of Renewal of Judgment
Release and Satisfaction of Judgment

Diana Garrett

301 N. Choctaw Avenue
El Reno, Oklahoma  73036

(405) 295-6170

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Canadian County • 201 N. Choctaw Ave. • El Reno, OK 73036 • Phone: (405) 295-6000 • Fax: (405) 422-2429
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices