Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
Veteran's Exemption
100% disabled veterans or their surviving spouse may obtain an exemption from the full amount of the fair cash value of the homestead (exemption from property tax for the homestead property).

To qualify, the following requirements must be met:
  • The veteran must have an honorable discharge from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Oklahoma National Guard.
  • The veteran must be a resident of the state of Oklahoma.
  • The veteran must have a 100% permanent disability.
  • The disability must have been sustained through military action or accident, or result from a disease contracted while in active service.
  • The disability must be certified by the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • The veteran must qualify for Homestead Exemption on the property for which  tax exempt status is being requested.

Once you receive the disabled veterans exemption, you do not have to apply again unless your qualifications change. If you move to a new home, you will have to fill out a new application.

Please bring the original letter with the raised seal from the Department of Veterans Affairs and an ID to our office to apply for the exemption. You may apply at any time throughout the year.

Download the 100% Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemption application.

Canadian County • 201 N. Choctaw Ave. • El Reno, OK 73036 • Phone: (405) 295-6000 • Fax: (405) 422-2429
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices