Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
Senior Property Valuation Freeze
Homestead property valuation shall be frozen by the County Assessor if the following conditions exist:

  • The property owner must be age 65 or over as of January 1st to qualify.

  • The gross household income from all sources (including all persons residing in the home), except gifts, does not exceed $64,400 for 2017.  The income amount is determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for Canadian County.

  • Property must be a valid homestead property with proper evidence of a homestead or an application.  The freeze applies only to the homestead property used as your primary residence and may not be applied to non-homestead property. 

  • Apply in person in the Assessor's office between January 1st and March 15th. No applications will be accepted after March 15th.  Bring proof of all household income with you such as W-2s, 1099s, or a copy of your most recent federal income tax return.
The Senior Freeze freezes the valuation of your property; it does not freeze your taxes. Even if your property valuation stays the same, your property taxes may go up or down depending on the tax rate or millage levies for that year.

For more details click here for the state publication on the Senior Freeze.

Canadian County • 201 N. Choctaw Ave. • El Reno, OK 73036 • Phone: (405) 295-6000 • Fax: (405) 422-2429
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices