Potential job applicants should submit an employment application
to each county office or department in which they are interested. Please contact each office or department for information about current job opportunities, and see "Current Job Openings" below.
Canadian County does not discriminate on the basis of religion, sex, age, national origin, political affiliation, mental or physical disability in its hiring or employment practices. All new hires will be subject to drug testing pursuant to the Canadian County Personnel Policy.
Current Job Openings:
County Assessor's Office
The Canadian County Assessor’s Office is looking for an individual with a great attitude and work ethics to join our team. This position is full-time with excellent benefits and an opportunity for advancement. Areas of responsibility will include, but not limited to:
- Responding promptly and courteously to telephone calls and internet inquiries.
- Greet the public and assist in answering their questions.
- The completion and filing of Homestead, Senior Freeze, address changes, VA and Agriculture forms.
- Interacting with the County Clerk’s and County Treasurer’s Offices.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Inventory and ordering supplies.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to pass State accredited Mass Appraisal classes.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Applicants must complete the Employment Application
available at the link provided. Send application, resume and references to Matt Wehmuller, Canadian County Assessor at 200 N Choctaw Ave, El Reno, OK 73036 or e-mail to
on or before December 31st.