Tort Claim

Mailing address for filing Tort Claim:
Notice of Tort Claim Against Canadian County
Canadian County Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 458
El Reno, OK 73036

Please complete the Notice of Tort Claim (PDF) and mail to the address. The Claim may also be delivered to the County Clerk's Office at 201 N Choctaw, El Reno, OK 73036.

Important Notice 

The filing of a Notice of Tort Claim in the County Clerk's office is only the initial step in the claim process and does not indicate in any manner the acceptance of responsibility by the County and / or its related entities. Written notice is required by law and shall be filed with the County Clerk within one (1) year from the date of occurrence. It will then be sent to the County Claims of Oklahoma Claims Department located at 429 NE 50th Street in Oklahoma City, OK (Phone (800) 982-6212) for further investigation. Failure to file your claim within such time frame may result in the claim being barred in its entirety. Other limitations to your claim may also apply (See Oklahoma Statutes, Title Number 51, Section 151-172).